A Blog Dedicated to the Fine Art of Thrifting.
Enjoy shopping with us and reading about the stories behind the treasures. We welcome your comments and special requests.


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Holy Cow! What a Great Folk Art Papier Mache Cow

I love cows. The other day I found a Cow Identification book that I gave to my friend because she loves cows too. So I was excited to stumble upon this great Papier Mache Cow. I actually found several cow collectibles in this shop. Someone must have given up their cow collection. Their loss is a cow lover's gain! Let me tell you a little bit about this cow. She is BIG! She stands about 10 inches tall and is 18 inches long. She is hand painted and signed by the artist. I have never seen anything like it but research shows that a similar papier mache cow was used for advertising and one a bit larger sold on ebay for $200. She looks great in my studio but would be a wonderful addition to someone's cow collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment